[asterisk-users] Overlap SIP dialing

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Thu Sep 8 12:26:22 CDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 11:26:45AM -0400, Andrew Latham wrote:
> I want a t-shirt....   "SIP phones aren't 'dumb' :-)"
> Overlap dialing has very limited use, however I found it helpful when
> testing integration with other PBX/VM/PSTN connections.

My quest for overlap dialing started with the request to create a
transparant SIP connection to a ISDN BRI PBX without adding unnecessary
waiting for timeouts on the side of the SIP gateway to get all digits to
send them en-block to Asterisk. My feedback for this request to the
customer will be:
-just use en-block dialing
or
-terminate the dialed number with # when not using en-block dialing
And make sure to strip # from en-block numbers :)

But I'm willing to give up now I see that this will not work with
billing anyway.

Thanks for the feedback and hopefully other people wanting to do overlap
dialing will find this thread and may take it into account.

--

   Daniel Tryba