[asterisk-users] Console Stereo - One call per ear

fhirschberg fhirschberg at fhelectronic.de
Fri Sep 9 09:22:16 CDT 2011

Hi list!

I'm using the latest Asterisk 1.8.6.0 cross compiled for an i.MX27 board
and it works really good.
But I need a feature and don't know how to do this.
What I need is the ability to have 2 separate calls on each ear on the
console channel.
Is there a way to get this working? It should be possible to have one call
on both ears or, if another call is made, to hear this on one (selectable
L/R) ear, while the other call stays on the other ear.
Do I need a new console driver? I'm currently using chan_alsa and I already
have Alsa devices for left, right and left + right output.
It would be great if anybody can help with informations or tips where to
start with my problem.

Greetings
Florian