[asterisk-users] trying to build 1.8.6.0 on CentOS 6, problems with ptlib

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:02:02 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Leif Madsen
<leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org> wrote:
> However you could select/deselect modules using menuselect if you wanted to
> automate the process. It's documented over here:
>
> http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9780596517342/asterisk-Install.html#Installing_id293439

Yeah, menuselect has been in linux kernel tree forever, and I was
excited when it got added to asterisk build. But that was irrelevant
because I wasn't getting the configure to complete. The configure is a
prerequisite for any of the make commands.

I'm also a big fan of 'make sounds'.