[asterisk-users] Beginner Question: Remote access

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 7 05:10:43 CDT 2011

On 09/07/2011 02:17 AM, A Dunor wrote:
> Hello list, I am a beginner at asterisk. I want to access my asterisk
> box from my laptop, on a different network (mobile hotspot). The
> asterisk box doesn't have a static ip, how do I connect with it using
> ssh or other such programs?
>
> Thanks for your guidance guys. It is highly appreciated.

Use something like the dyndns service (dyn.com) via for example the
ez-ipupdate client on the asterisk box and then an ssh client on your
laptop which connects to the ssh server on your Asterisk box. Most
secure is to use keys between the laptop and Asterisk server and avoid
username/password authentication.

Regards,
Patrick