[asterisk-users] Beginner Question: Remote access

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Sep 7 00:14:26 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 08:17:01PM -0400, A Dunor wrote:
> Hello list, I am a beginner at asterisk. I want to access my asterisk
> box from my laptop, on a different network (mobile hotspot). The
> asterisk box doesn't have a static ip, how do I connect with it using
> ssh or other such programs?

If it has an external IP address but not a static one, you can provide
it a permaninet hostname using services such as dyndns.com .

Alternatively (if it is behind NAT), if you have any external host under
your control, you can create a tunnel (e.g.: openvpn) between that host
and your Asterisk server.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com