[asterisk-users] ISDN2 PCIe Card for Asterisk

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Tue Sep 6 11:18:23 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 01:05:02PM +0200, Patrick Lists wrote:
> Both Sangoma and Digium have PCIe ISDN cards although a single BRI port
> might be a bit of a challenge:
[snip]
> You could also find an Intel (formerly Eicon) Diva Server card and use
> it with chan_capi (must be a Server card, regular Diva cards don't
> work). I use that in one Asterisk box and it's very reliable.

I personally decided against using PCI(e) ISDN BRI cards. Eicon and
various AVM cards all had problems with echo cancelling. I'd suggest
using external SIP gateways like Vegastream or SmartNodes. Easy to
configure (once you figure out how with a SmartNode), good quality and
much easier in failover (though might be a single point of failure by
itself).

--

   Daniel Tryba