[asterisk-users] problems with hylafax + iaxmodem +asterisk1.8.5

Larry Moore lmoore at starwon.com.au
Mon Sep 5 15:24:34 CDT 2011

On 5/09/2011 10:05 PM, Alessio wrote:
> someone can help me to solve this problem?
>
> thanks

> +asterisk1.8.5
>
>> 1: from the phone i called  the fax-server
>> 2: from external fax i tried to send a fax to fax-server
>>
>> the results:
>> _

G'Day Alessio,

I replied to your original post suggesting you set up two IAX modems and
get successful transmission working between them.

I suspect you want to use T.38 with IAX modem, I don't believe the IAX2
channel supports T.38 hence I would suggest you remove the t38pt_udptl
lines from your iax.conf files to avoid confusion.

I am assuming you are receiving your incoming facsimile using SIP, if so
I would suggest you have only one reference to t38pt_udptl in that peers
configuration and set it to "no".

Depending on whether the peer is dedicated to receiving facsimiles I
would suggest you also include in your peer's configuration faxdetect=no
otherwise if this is an Audio/FAX line I would suggest you set it to
faxdetect=cng.

Once you have this working but really want to use T.38 then you will
need to apply the T.38 Gateway patch to your 1.8.5.0 build, see
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13405 .

Changes you will need to make to your SIP peer is to set t38pt_udptl=yes
and in your dial plan before the Dial() enable the gateway with
Set(FAXOPT(t38gateway)=yes).

Larry.