[asterisk-users] problems with hylafax + iaxmodem + asterisk1.8.5

Larry Moore lmoore at starwon.com.au
Fri Sep 2 16:04:20 CDT 2011

On 2/09/2011 12:13 AM, Alessio wrote:
> Hi!
> from 2 days I'm trying to run hylafax server and iaxmodem with
> Asterisk 1.8.5.
> I have 2 computers in the lan, one is the Asterisk PBX and the other
> is the server with hylafax and iaxmodem installed.
> In Asterisk I set up an IAX trunk in this way:

I would suggest you set up at least two IAX modems and confirm you can
send a fax out through one and receive it on the other.

Once this is working you can look at the next stage of accepting a call
through another channel such as SIP we can resolve the configuration you
will need for it to work.

Larry.