[asterisk-users] cli command show codecs

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Sep 1 08:05:04 CDT 2011

Maybe this will be better than my first answer – Audio files do indeed have codec formats.   If you are in a particular codec (say G729), Playback/Background and MOH will search for files that match the codec format first, then transcode WAV/GSM/whatever you have to that format if it isn’t found.  Ideally, you want to have a copy of each codec you can play for all sounds and MOH.  Each of the “canned sounds” comes in each codec format (you pick the ones you want when you do make menuselect).