[asterisk-users] cli command show codecs

RSCL Mumbai rscl.mumbai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 05:34:30 CDT 2011

Hi,

Does audio files have codec formats? I simply convert all my audios (MOH,
accouncements) to .wav format, 16bit, 11kHz (I believe this is the best
format for asterisk).
I am new to this and may be incorrect.

Going forward,
(a) How can I check the codec format of my announcements, MOH ?
(b) How can I record/convert announcements, MoH etc to a particular format ?

I believe its a good idea to prevent transcoding and save CPU overheads.

Thx
Sans