[asterisk-users] googleapps calendar

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Sun Oct 30 16:59:14 CDT 2011

 > I managed to get it working eventually. I think that it may have been
> a problem with neon , as I downgraded to .25 from .29, removed all
> modules and make distclean, make install
>
> It started working at this point !

Good to hear.

> What would be really great would be
>
> 1) manager events for new / removed calendars

This wouldn't be too hard to implement, just add some manager_event calls to the appropriate places in build_calendar() in res_calendar.c.

> 2) manager command to reload / refresh calendars

I don't think existing calendars are even really refreshed if you reload via the CLI. If they were, you could just use the AMI command "Command" to execute the reload via AMI. Perhaps looping through all of the calendars and doing an ast_cond_signal() would kick off the refreshes. I haven't really looked at it too carefully (it's the weekend, after all). The other option is just to set the refresh time to a very small value (if you don't have lots of calendars).

> 3) manager events for new / removed events

If someone was interested in doing it, schedule_calendar_event() in res_calendar.c would be where to add the manager_event calls for this, I think.

> 4) manager events for alarms

This could already be done by setting up normal dialplan handling of calendar notification events and then using the UserEvent application to generate whatever AMI event you wanted.

The calendaring stuff wasn't really designed to be a multi-calendar proxy for external applications (via AMI, etc.) but more just giving the PBX access to one's calendars. It would really be better if the multi-protocol calendar stuff was all in a separate app that could communicate bi-directionally with Asterisk for everything if you are looking for that kind of thing. There really weren't Asterisk APIs for everything I wanted to do with calendaring when I wrote it, so I didn't take that route. If I was re-writing it again today, I'd probably try harder to go that route.