[asterisk-users] Queue announcements and MOH blanking out on calls from PSTN over IAX2

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Oct 30 07:52:39 CDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 12:04:09PM +0530, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
> On Sunday 30 Oct 2011, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
> > After looking further, the problem seems to be purely in playing
> > recorded messages over IAX2.  Looking at the debug logs on the SIP
> > server (which is playing the recorded messages) shows that it stops
> > playing one of the messages at some point in the flow, and then never
> > plays anything again.
>
> This seems to be very similar to:
>
>   https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=17232
>
> except there is no virtualisation involved in the process -- everything
> is working on native hardware.  It /is/ amd64 Debian Squeeze running on
> Intel, though.

Do you use DAHDI timing? Try 'timing test' in the Asterisk CLI. If so, I
wonder if it's possible that the redfone devices may actually have
occasional hiccups as a timing source[1]. This should be easily noticable
using 'dahdi_test'. Anyway, maybe try a different timing source, by
disabling other res_timing*.so modules in modules.conf (and restarting
asterisk).

[1] Sorry, I'm not familiar with them well enough, and apologize in
advance if this suggestion is silly.
--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com