[asterisk-users] Skype Messaging with Asterisk 10?

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Fri Oct 21 12:25:50 CDT 2011

> Since when can someone submit a patch for chan_skype?? Did i miss an
> announcement that it has been opensourced? I'm under the impression
> that digium is the only party who *can* extend chan_skype...

Paul was a little confused and thought something would have to be added to Asterisk. But, with that said, the source to chan_skype.c is available in the download and could be modified (just the library for interacting with the underlying Skype library is binary-only). Only chan_skype.c would need to be modified for messaging API support. Basically, just modify new_chat_message() to allocate a new ast_msg, fill in the appropriate values with the ast_msg_set_set_() functions, and then call ast_msg_queue() on it.

Terry