[asterisk-users] Skype Messaging with Asterisk 10?

Andreas Anderson galium123 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:12:42 CDT 2011

Hi Paul,

is every development on chan_skype out of the question after
Skypcrosoft pulled the plug, or can we hope for an Asterisk 10 Version
that supports the new, shiny messaging-api in asterisk 10?

>Nope, nobody submitted any patches for it. So anything now would have to
be submitted into trunk, which would make Asterisk 11 the next version
to support it.

Errrr, please correct me if i'm wrong, but the out-of-call-messaging-api is in asterisk 10 and currently supports sip and xmpp...? But i'm not asking for an extension of asterisk in any way, but of chan_skype that was sold 'til July...

>Again, assuming somebody submits a patch.

Since when can someone submit a patch for chan_skype?? Did i miss an announcement that it has been opensourced? I'm under the impression that digium is the only party who *can* extend chan_skype...

Kind regards,

Andreas