[asterisk-users] Can we use MySQL native connector for ARA?

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Wed Oct 19 18:04:56 CDT 2011

> our own agi application. Can we use the native database connectors for
> ARA. I currently have
> everything working with unixodbc + myodbc however, looking to use the
> native DB connector
> if possible.

Traditionally, the mysql realtime backend was buggy and crash-prone. The odbc backend is has a "core" support level listed from Digium, whereas the mysql backend in addons/ is "extended". See https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Module+Support+States for what that means, but basically Digium most likely won't put any work into the mysql backend and will rely upon community support for it. My opinion, stick with the ODBC backend unless you just can't use it for some reason. It's always better to stick to the most travelled roads when dealing with Asterisk.

Terry