[asterisk-users] Voicemail in asterisk 1.8.7, stop working

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 16:49:46 CDT 2011

Hi All;

I was having asterisk 1.8.5 and I installed 1.8.7, I copied the extensions.conf, sip.conf, voicemail.conf that I was using them in 1.8.5 to the new asterisk 1.8.7.

Every thing fine, but now the voicemail is not working at all !! Even does not display on the consol any thing that it declares to run the Voicemail function, instead of running the voicemail, it rings some rings and then run to the next step !! I am using the below configurations:

[macro-voicemail]

exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},20)
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(${MACRO_EXTEN}@Internal,u)
exten => s-NOANSWER,2,Goto(IncomingPSTN,t,3)
exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(${MACRO_EXTEN}@Internal,b)
exten => s-BUSY,2,Goto(IncomingPSTN,t,3)
exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)
exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${MACRO_EXTEN})

What is the difference in using asterisk 1.8.5 and 1.8.7 in voicemail part? How I can troubleshoot?!

Regards
Bilal