[asterisk-users] PRI E1 call termination issue

michael k michael at inapp.com
Sun Oct 16 14:05:23 CDT 2011

Hi List,

            I have configured TE121PF card in E1 mode. I am using asterisk
1.6 and freepbx 2.7. My card staus turn in to green and looks like sync with
the service provider.  My service provider is BSNL - India. I have one toll
free number for incoming and one land line number for out going calls.

Problem :

If i am calling to the toll free number, i am getting the ring but that call
is not reaching to my asterisk box. Both incoming and outgoing are failure.
Please reffer the following informations for understand the issue  further.

1. [root at localhost src]# cat /etc/dahdi/system.conf

span=1,0,0,CCS,HDB3,CRC4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

2. cat /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

; Copied from DAHDI Module of FreePBX
[general]
#include chan_dahdi_general.conf
[channels]
; include dahdi groups defined by DAHDI module of FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_groups.conf
; include dahdi extensions defined in FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf

3.  cat /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_groups.conf

; [span_1]
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=euroisdn
pridialplan=national
prilocaldialplan=national
group=1
context=from-pstn
channel=1-15,17-31

**
*Some CLI outputs*

localhost*CLI> *dahdi show channel 1
*Channel: 1
File Descriptor: 14
Span: 1
Extension:
Dialing: no
Context: from-pstn
Caller ID:
Calling TON: 0
Caller ID name:
Mailbox: none
Destroy: 0
InAlarm: 1
Signalling Type: ISDN PRI
Radio: 0
Owner: <None>
Real: <None>
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: no
Busy Detection: no
TDD: no
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: alaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
DND: no
Echo Cancellation:
        1 taps
        (unless TDM bridged) currently OFF
Wait for dialtone: 0ms
PRI Flags:
PRI Logical Span: Implicit
Hookstate (FXS only): Onhook
localhost*CLI>

2. localhost*CLI> *pri show spans*

PRI span 1/0: Provisioned, Down, Active

localhost*CLI> pri show span 1
Primary D-channel: 16
Switchtype: EuroISDN
Type: CPE
Overlap Dial: 0
Logical Channel Mapping: 0
Timer and counter settings:
  N200: 3
  N202: 3
  K: 7
  T200: 1000
  T202: 10000
  T203: 10000
  T303: 4000
  T305: 30000
  T308: 4000
  T309: 6000
  T313: 4000
  T-HOLD: 4000
  T-RETRIEVE: 4000
  T-RESPONSE: 4000
Overlap Recv: No

3. localhost*CLI> *pri set debug on span 1*

Enabled debugging on span 1
TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (G): T200 expired N200 times sending SABME in state
5(Awaiting establishment)
Changing from state 5(Awaiting establishment) to 4(TEI assigned)
TEI=0 DL event: Q931_DL_EVENT_DL_RELEASE_IND(3)
TEI=0 Sending SABME
Changing from state 4(TEI assigned) to 5(Awaiting establishment)
TEI=0 Sending SABME
TEI=0 Sending SABME
TEI=0 Sending SABME
[...]

Please some one help me to identify the issue ........

Michael.k