[asterisk-users] one way voice with IVR

John Knight john at classiccitytelco.com
Fri Oct 14 08:48:48 CDT 2011

Hi Giorgio,

This behavior usually indicates some sort of firewall issue where either
inbound or outbound rtp traffic (the voice) is being blocked or not routed
correctly, though the SIP traffic makes it through (as the call is being set
up correctly).  This could also be multiple SIP extensions attempting to
register over the same port from a single location.

What kind of firewall/router is being used at the location where these Snoms
are registering from?  Are all the phones attempting to register over port
5060 or are you setting them up to register over unique ports to Asterisk?
If you are setting them up to register over specific ports, are they
registering over those ports according to 'asterisk show peers'?  Also, is
your asterisk box local or hosted somewhere?

Comparing IAX2 to SIP registrations is somewhat different:  IAX2 tends to
handle cutting through firewalls better though SIP is far better supported
by everyone.