[asterisk-users] FXS ports on TDM410P card...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Oct 12 17:02:31 CDT 2011

[phone3](my-phones)
.
[phone4](my-phones)

And extensions.conf is the same.

Seems to be working now, good eyes.

I have the O'Reilly book on Asterisk 1.8, though I'm wondering where to
look in it to learn how to allow incoming calls from the phone company
to ring SIP box and FXS connected handsets?  This would be a neat
feature, especially if there was a way from the handset to turn it off.

Just to make sure I'm clear, imagine you are hooked to a Linksys PAP2
and not only want to call out via the phone company but you want to
receive calls there from the phone company as well.  Imagine there is
an extension to call that toggles this behavior on/off.  So say 2025 is
the special extension which you call and a voice says relaying phone
company on.  You hang up then, the phone rings, and you pick up a call
from somewhere remote via the phone company.  You hang up when you're
done and decide the behavior should be turned off, so you dial 2025
again and the voice says relaying phone company off.  Now if a call is
incoming from the phone company, your phone doesn't ring.  You can call
all local extensions and even remote numbers, but you can't receive
remote calls.

Another trick I want to pull is this.  I have a few extensions, 2000 to
2011, where I'd like to have an extension someone can call to figure out
what these extensions are.  Say 1000 or even 0 if that will work.
Something easy to remember anyways.  Another neat trick would be to list
what the extensions are when someone enters an invalid extension.  Say
someone dials 1011, not one of my extensions and not a remote phone
number prefixed by 8 or 9.

The last trick I want to pull, I want an extension that will ring
inclusively 2000 to 2011, say 2012.  How do I set this up by hand?

Thank you again for helping me figure out the context problem.