[asterisk-users] Which SIP phone LCD expansion module and >100 asterisk-compatible BLF ?

A. M. Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Oct 11 06:06:44 CDT 2011

Am 06.10.2011 18:25, schrieb Olivier:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an old-style receptionnist SIP phone with the
> requirements bellow.
> I've found one theorically matching these (Yealink plus 3 LCD
> expansion module).
> Would you recommend an other one ?
>
> My requirements are :
> - each LCD expansion module should display at least 30 extension
> status, though a page mechanism to browse among those can be tolerated,
> - any extension should be individually monitored with a current
> asterisk compatible protocol.

With the Snom 320 or 370 phone and 3 sidecars (version 2.0 of the sidecar
required) you could get up to 138 BLF buttons (including LED for monitoring
the extension status): 12 on the phone and 42 on the sidecars each.

The fancier 821 / 870 phones seem to only support one snom vision device,
and even with paging only can monitor 46 extensions, so that will not be
enough for you (14 configurable buttons on the first and 16 buttons each
on two further pages).

I have used monitoring with Snom 320, 360 and 370 without sidecar, no
trouble
so far, and monitoring on the Visions with 821 phones works as intended
also.

I seem to remember that the Snom wiki contains some info regarding separate
or list-based subscriptions. You should consider that as authoritative
source.
The sheer number of subscriptions (>>20) makes lists seem the
way to go.

Regards
Martin