[asterisk-users] Digium FFA + Gafachi T38 outgoing issues

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Oct 8 23:01:24 CDT 2011

On 10/09/2011 02:38 AM, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Luke Hamburg<luke at solvent-llc.com>  wrote:
>> Interesting.  I just signed up with Gafachi (haven't even tested the service
>> yet) but I planned to make use of their T38 support since they are listed at
>> voip-info as being one of the ITSP's that _do_ support T38.  Have you tried
>> contacting Gafachi with these results about their broken implementation?  I
>> would hope/expect them to try to fix this, instead of trying to force
>> Asterisk to violate RFCs.
>>
>>> It sounds like that Gafachi's T38 implementation
>>> is horribly, horribly broken I'm not tied to them
>>> at all, so if their stuff is broken, I'll go
>>> somewhere else.
> I signed up with Gafachi a few weeks ago to use them for T38 as well.
> I haven't had any luck getting it to work. I have been mainly trying
> to use Asterisk in T38 pass through mode and have tested with a
> Linksys SPA2102 and Zoiper. Gafachi basically told me they have many
> customers utilizing their T38 implementation and that it works. When
> asked for a list of compatible devices they said there were too many
> combinations and it was up to me to find a working solution.
>
> I am still looking a PAYG service provider that has a working T38
> implementation. It seems like these are impossible to find.
>
> Ryan

Gafachi was one of the few service providers to support T.38 when we
first started providing T.38 support in Asterisk and Callweaver. We did
get things working reliably with them, by making our software tolerant
of a few weird things Gafachi do. Any practical T.38 has to be made to
tolerate a lot of weird things other implementations do. So Gafachi has
worked in the past, but its entirely possible they have now broken their
service further.

Steve