[asterisk-users] asterisk hardware

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 07:05:32 CDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:50:12AM -0400, Adam Moffett wrote:
>>  Is there any reason not to run Asterisk on an Intel Atom board?
>
> Only if it's not strong enough. Note that "Atom" may mean some different
> things. So consider taking various reports with a few grains of salt.
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

Like Tzafrir says keep an eye out for what "Atom" is.  The 1.6-1.8 ghz
processor is powerful enough for simple servers but some of the
supporting chipsets and hardware may not be.  My personal suggestion
is the http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPE-HF-D525.cfm
which also has an IPMI onboard.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~