[asterisk-users] Lag with Call Transfer (Patching)

RSCL Mumbai rscl.mumbai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 06:54:13 CDT 2011

Hi,

Using Asterisk 1.6.2.13

We are now starting to use *call transfer (patching) function.*

Call flow is as follows:
-----------------------
John Calls me and requests him to be connected to Nancy.
I place John's call on Hold
I dial Nancy and speak with her about John
I then patch the call between John and Nancy
My line is free for the next call while John & Nancy continue their
conversation

In this scenario, my conversation with John & Nancy is perfect. No problems.
But both John & Nancy report that the conversation between them (after I
patched them)  has a lag of about 4-5 seconds.

I am not able to understand why this is happening.
I am using GrandStream GXP280 IP Phone.

Pls suggest what may be the problem area and how should I resolve this.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Sans