[asterisk-users] Asterisk Realtime Time Dial App

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Sun Oct 2 19:24:32 CDT 2011

On 29/09/11 12:53 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> I have this discussion also on the -dev mailing list. and suggested
> that we use a database hook to trigger the originate process (pleasee
> see "Outbound Call Implementation"). However, compiling it directly
> into asterisk as a realtime moodule insted of using AMI etc...

I'm pretty sure nobody recommended you compile it directly into Asterisk :-)

Asterisk Realtime does not support polling a database.  It is for
(supplement) the config files.

Originating a call is not a config file.

Call origination happens via the following means:

1. Asterisk Manager
2. Call files
3. VoIP/Analogue Phone/Line (includes GoogleTalk etc)

What you're wanting to do (initiate a call from a database record) is
something that you would be better doing externally and using an
existing trigger for the actual call (i.e. one of the above).

It's like saying you want to write an application to be built into
Asterisk to initiate a call and play a message.  You'd instead use one
of the above, then the Playback or Background application to play the
message.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell