[asterisk-users] [asterik-users] Installing PRI card

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Sat Oct 1 16:24:39 CDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 05:15:32AM +0530, NaJIm wrote:
> *wcte12xp: Setting up global serial parameters for T1*
> *wcte12xp: Found a Wildcard TE122*
> *wcte12xp: Span configured for ESF/B8ZS*
> *wcte12xp: Setting yellow alarm*
>
> Does the highlighted part mean that the card is setup in T1 mode. ??
> ( I do not have physical access to the server. But my support in the remote
> office says that card is in E1 mode itself.. )

Sit back, take a breath and relax, stop trying things at random.

First you have to figure out what signalling has to used on your PRI.
What country are you in? Who is the provider? Find out the switchtype
and siganalling used in zapata.conf and the spantype for zaptel.conf.
Also the B channels must match and offcourse the D channel must be set
correctly.

At the moment you are using typical T1 settings (24 channels, ESF/B8ZS)
but also say the thing is an E1 (30 channels (wheter or not you actually
get the max number of voicechannel), CCS,HDB3(,CRC4)).  T1 is the
default on Digium cards, so you might had to set the jumper differently,
but since you don't have physical access you need to use the correct
module option (t1e1override on dahdi, might differ on zaptel (see
modinfo)).

--

   Daniel Tryba