[asterisk-users] how to find out one way latency

NaJIm getnajim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:42:41 CST 2011

WOW.. That is the most complicated Ping I have ever seen.. :)

This is the result I got.

# ping -f -i .02 -s 180 -Q 0xb8 xx.xx.xx.xx
*PING xx.xx.xx.xx (xx.xx.xx.xx) 180(208) bytes of data.
--- xx.xx.xx.xx ping statistics ---
15338 packets transmitted, 15325 received, 0% packet loss, time 352748ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 276.499/286.185/310.118/7.248 ms, pipe 15, ipg/ewma
22.999/284.882 ms
*

The same test with my Present SIP Provider gave me the result below.

*10926 packets transmitted, 10913 received, 0% packet loss, time 244048ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 289.514/292.668/316.350/2.336 ms, pipe 15, ipg/ewma
22.338/292.941 ms
*

I suppose the value of mdev is much higher in the first case but 0% packet
loss in both the cases.
Does this mean that the voice quality is going to be real bad??

Thanks,
Najim