[asterisk-users] Issue with Polycom SPIP650 and its sidecar

Mike list at net-wall.com
Wed Nov 30 11:12:55 CST 2011

Hi Olivier,

It if occurs only on the sidecar, I would imagine this is either a defective
sidecar/Polycom phone, or a defective PoE switch not giving enough power.
Changing PoE port would eliminate of confirm the PoE port being the issue,
but I'm betting on a Polycom defect.

Make sure the PoE port is configured (if it`s a smart switch) to send
maximum power to the port, with a sidecar I think the phone requires 12W.

Regards,

Mike