[asterisk-users] Install Adhearsion on Debian [SOLVED]

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 25 12:00:57 CST 2011

2011/11/25 Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr>

> 2011/11/25 John Knight <john at classiccitytelco.com>
>
>>  Was your PATH variable modified to add /var/lib/gems/1.8/bin perhaps?
>>

> No I didn't.
> I would have thought that rubygems installation should car of this (adding
> installed gems into users paths).
> As I'm new to Ruby, I wondered if I forgot something (before or after gem
> install adhearsion).
>
> To be more specific, I followed instructions from
> https://github.com/adhearsion/adhearsion/wiki/Getting-Started, using
> System Ruby option and skipping
>
> gem update --system
>

> Is it standard to add a path for each gem installed ?

Replying to myself, it seems this question has already been debated (see:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5616156/rubygems-doesnt-add-var-lib-gems-1-8-bin-to-path
).
Adding in config lines such as export PATH=/var/lib/gems/1.8/bin:PATH is
left to sysadmins on a case by case basis.

I can now understand the reasons behind.

Thanks for replying.