[asterisk-users] queue ring delay

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Mon Nov 21 10:56:02 CST 2011

Hi,

Does a parameter exist for a queue to delay ringing/sending a caller to all agent phones after the previous call is answered by an agent? My queue ring strategy is set to ringall. I am using Polycom KIRK wireless DECT SIP phones. And it looks like the KIRK wireless server may need a split send to realize all wireless phones are no longer ringing (busy) after 1 call rings & is unanswered, prior to sending a 2nd call.

In other words, I think that what we are currently experiencing is this: Incoming call gets routed to our queue. It rings all phones. In the meantime, a 2nd caller gets routed to our queue (in line behing the first caller that is currently ringing our phones). One queue agent answers the first phone call in the queue. Asterisk immediately starts ringing all queue agent extensions again with the 2nd caller. However, most of the agents extensions are reporting busy, and so their phones don't ring. The 2nd caller may wind up getting routed to our queue fallback destination.

So it seems to me that asterisk is sending the 2nd call to the queue agents before their phones are ready (i.e. before the KIRK Wireless Server is able to realize that they are no longer ringing [busy] from the first caller).

So I'm thinking that if I can introduce some type of delay of 500ms-1 second AFTER a queue call rings all phones, but before a subsequent call is permitted to ring all phones, my problem will be solved.

I am using FreePBX. I know this is not the place to get FreePBX support, but I believe that the FreePBX gui is just providing a front-end for standard asterisk features & parameters behind the scenes. I am on Digium AsteriskNOW with asterisk 1.6. I also believe that this mailing list may be the best source of community support for asterisk, so I am posting here. :-)