[asterisk-users] DTMF dropping in Read Command

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Nov 17 09:44:33 CST 2011

Hello listers,

                        I have a couple of 1.4.37 through 1.4.42 boxes
running at different sites.  These systems run a fairly simple IVR that uses
waitexten and Read to get credentials and plow on through a set of contexts.
I am experiencing two problems in my setup:

1.       In environments where DAHDI is the trunk of choice, this snippet
drops digits, especially if the user attempts to key them quickly.  It also
mysteriously hangs up (autofallthrough=yes) if they key them too slowly

exten => s,1,Set(chktime=0)

exten => s,n,Read(digitacct,entacct,17,skip,1,10)

exten => s,n,Gotoif($[${LEN(${digitacct})} < 1]?checking,t,1)

exten => s,n,Read(digitpass,entpin,5,skip,1,10)

2.       This context will randomly hang up the call when the user presses 1

[checking]

Exten => s,1,noop()

exten => s,n,Set(BALPLAY=${balance})

exten => s,n(chkdetail),Background(${BALPLAY})

exten => s,n(aftbal),Background(aftbal)

exten => s,n,WaitExten(6)

exten => s,n,Goto(checking,t,9)

exten => s,n,Goto(checking,s,chkdetail)