[asterisk-users] How do extensions "stay registered"

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Tue Nov 15 18:53:22 CST 2011

Thanks for the answer Danny. Can you give an example of when we would setup peers through Method 1 & 2 as you described?

If I am using FreePBX & setup generic SIP extensions & then use Polycom phones & configure them to register with the SIP server (asterisk) with the extension/user & password, are these extensions (or maybe more correctly "peers") I setup via FreePBX actually "self-registration" or "required-registration" peers?

Thanks,
-
Doug Mortensen
Network Consultant