[asterisk-users] DAHDI has broken by pbx :-(

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 06:44:59 CST 2011

On Thursday 10 November 2011, Russell Brown wrote:
> This is driving me loopy as the 'old' ISDN PBX on span 2 is used as a
> glorified 'channel bank' with fax machines, modems and other analogue
> stuff on it that really does need to work :-(

I learned the hard way, when upgrading an old installation, that modern DAHDI
is much fussier than old versions of Zaptel used to be.  If you don't get the
configuration *absolutely* spot-on for a span, it will fail horribly with "d-
channel not available" errors.  This includes stuff like specifying more B-
channels than you have connected.

Normally, 1-15 and 17-31 are B-channels and 16 is the D-channel on span 1.  On
span 2, the numbers are 32-46 and 48-62 and 47 respectively.  If a line has
fewer than 30 B-channels active, then you need to specify the correct numbers
or ranges in /etc/dahdi/system.conf.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.