[asterisk-users] DAHDI has broken by pbx :-(

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Thu Nov 10 12:33:02 CST 2011

>On 11/10/2011 09:38 AM, Russell Brown wrote:
>> I copied /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf to /etc/chan_dahdi.conf
>
>Did you really copy it to /etc/chan_dahdi.conf or to
>/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf ?

Yes it was to /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf (oh how I wish the
problem was being caused by something that simple!).

>Also,
>What is the output of 'module reload chan_dahdi'?

asterisk*CLI> module reload chan_dahdi.so
    -- Reloading module 'chan_dahdi.so' (DAHDI Telephony Driver w/PRI)
asterisk*CLI>

I know it's loading as Span 1 is working; making and taking calls with
no problem.

FWIW,

asterisk*CLI> dahdi show status
Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC Fra Codi Options  LBO
T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1                OK      0      0      0   CCS HDB3 CRC4     0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2                OK      0      0      46  CCS HDB3 CRC4     266-399 feet (DSX-1)
asterisk*CLI>

I've, obviously, been doing more trial-and-error and noticed that when I
run with libpri-1.4.11.5 (no other change, just install libpri and
restart asterisk) the ISDN causecode returned from a call on Span 2 is
actually 21 and not 18, as it is with libpri-1.4.12, and the channels on
span 2 don't get reset each time.  Weird.

This is driving me loopy as the 'old' ISDN PBX on span 2 is used as a
glorified 'channel bank' with fax machines, modems and other analogue
stuff on it that really does need to work :-(

--
 Regards,
     Russell