[asterisk-users] CallerID inconsistently presented through ISDN/cellular networks

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Nov 10 10:57:53 CST 2011

> Il 09/11/2011 17.37, Richard Mudgett ha scritto:
> > You would then use
> > the DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility application*before* you answer
> > the call to forward/deflect the incoming call back to the network.
>
> I think "Answer" makes no sense at all because the network will
> redirect
> then continue to cancel the preceding call setup.

That use of the word answer was not the dialplan application Answer.
Before you answer a call you can forward/deflect/reroute it.
After you answer a call you can transfer it.

> ETSI Call Deflection/Rerouting message flow:
>
> Deflection
> Caller Carrier PBX destination
> |---SETUP----->| ' '
> |----SETUP------------>| '
> |<---CALL PROCEEDING---| '
> |<---FACILITY+ --------| '
> |----DISCONNECT------->| '
> |<---RELEASE-----------| '
> |----RELEASE COMPLETE->| '
> |----SETUP----------------------->|
>

> This will also require this settings on the dahdi channel?
> facilityenable=yes

Yes.  Nearly all supplementary services require facility messages.
If you want to do anything more than answer and originate calls,
this option must be enabled.

> transfer=yes

You really need Asterisk v1.8 and libpri 1.4.12 to use this with
PRI.

> Also, according to this document http://www.asterisk.org/node/48611
> seems that DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility() doesn't return anything so
> how we can test if the command was successful or refused?

You have already refused the call so it doesn't really matter
much now does it.

Richard