[asterisk-users] DID from Direct from Telco

isrlgb at gmail.com isrlgb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:34:49 CDT 2011

The mp124 is a analog gateway and doesn't support t1's I think

A T1 is a digital line which has 24 channels per port which means 24 calls concurrently if you want more channels you need more ports

DID's are incoming numbers the telco sends down your trunk(port) you could have thousands of DID's on 1 T1

You need a digital gateway for connecting to a T1

Did you check if your provider will give you a T1 or maybe they could provide you a sip trunk which will save you on the hardware