[asterisk-users] DID from Direct from Telco

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:10:31 CDT 2011

Fair enough,

In regards to the the diagram discussed earlier:

Telco Lines ->  Gateway T1 ->  SIP Proxy ->  Media Servers -> Customer

I understand that a T1 Gateway that has 480 channels, can handle up to
240 calls.
That is more than enough for the "Gateway T1 ->  SIP Proxy" part of
the diagram. I just
want to make terribly sure I understand the "Telco Lines ->  Gateway
T1". If the Gateway T1
plugs into only 1 FXS port, is that FXS port only capable of handling
2 channels,
i.e., one call?

Thanks in Advnace,

Nick.