[asterisk-users] Cisco registration problem with 1.8.3.3

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Sat May 28 15:43:43 CDT 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Ian S. Worthington
<ianworthington at usa.net> wrote:
> I am having a problem registering my cisco phones which is exactly like that
> described in
>
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2011-May/262306.html
>
> except that I am on Asterisk 1.8.3.3 and using sip level POS3-07-4-00
>
> The symptoms are:
>
> o 7960 lines show [X]
> o Outbound calls can be made from the phone, including call pickup of inbound
> calls, but not to it.
> o Trace shows REGISTER packets sent from phone but no response from Asterisk
>
> Is there any way this regressed code could be picked up in a 1833 build or
> have I got another problem?

I'm able to register a 7940 against Asterisk 1.8.4.1. You might try
out that version as it has the fix for registering Cisco phones.
However I thought the bug was introduced in 1.8.4 and not 1.8.3.3.

I know in the past when I had issues registering Cisco phones I had to
make sure the nat settings matched. If you set nat=yes in the sip.conf
you must set nat_enable: 1 in SIPDefault.cnf for the phone. What I
noticed was when nat=yes is set in Asterisk it ignores the rport and
always sends the reply on the port used for the request. Cisco will
ignore this reply and not register.

Ryan