[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.2.18, Cisco 79XX not registering

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Fri May 6 10:22:39 CDT 2011

Hi all,
I have a production server running with about 90 Cisco 79[46]1's and SIP
release 8.5(2)SR1 from last year. I was running Asterisk 1.6.2.9 and
upgraded last night after hours. (Seemed low risk to me!)

Much to my surprise, not a single one of the Cisco 79XX phones would
register. Since it's a production server, I rolled back to 1.6.2.9 and
everything was fine. All my Linksys SPA phones and Polycom speaker phones
registered just fine.

I am now setting up  test servers with both 1.6.2.18 and 1.8.3.3 to collect
some debug.

I am just curious ­ has anyone else had SIP issues with these phones and
updating Asterisk broke them?

I will post results of my findings after I have time to collect them.

Cassius Smitha