[asterisk-users] ldap questions

Matthias Rieber ml-asterisk at zu-con.org
Fri May 27 01:44:32 CDT 2011

 Hello,

 I've some questions concerning ldap.

 1. I think ldap attributes doesn't have a certain order, at least, all
 ldap editors that I use can't define an order. But it seems that the
 attribute order is relevant for entries like AstAccountDisallowedCodec
 and AstAccountAllowedCodec.

 2. Is it possible to use templates with sipeers/users stored in ldap?
 like [barfoos](template) in the sip.conf file?

 3. When a client registers I get the message "Couldn't modify
 'name'='hp0021FE5452DB',
 dn:cn=hp0021FE5452DB,ou=phones,dc=scheff32,dc=de because Undefined
 attribute type".
 res_ldap.conf contains name = cn. The ldap user has full read/write
 permissions on the subtree ou=phones,dc=scheff32,dc=de. What is asterisk
 trying todo? Does it try to change the dn? Or does it try to add a new
 attribute 'name'?

 I use a more or less up2date asterisk-1.8-branch with the schema file
 from that branch. I also added objectClass=device for owner and location
 information.

 regards,
 Matthias