[asterisk-users] Asterisk cluster and call pickup

Vinícius Fontes vinicius at canall.com.br
Wed May 25 07:35:39 CDT 2011

I'm planning to migrate 500+ extensions from a legacy PBX to Asterisk. Some will be SIP, some will be DAHDI FXS.

I want to deploy a load-balancing cluster using DUNDi with regcontext so all servers will know where to find all extensions. DAHDI extensions will have their dedicated server, SIP extensions will be spread out on 3 different servers.

Now I'm wondering how would call pickup work on that scenario. Is it possible (maybe with distributed devstates) to pickup a ringing channel on a different server? Or is there a different way to load balance while keeping call pickup functionality intact?

Any input on this is very welcome.