[asterisk-users] Asterisk SIP Trunk with CUCM Express, Disable Comfort Noise?

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:50:24 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I have a sip trunk up and running with a CUCM Express, passing calls
fine except for a comfort noise error I'm getting on Asterisk:

NOTICE[7520]: rtp.c:788 in process_rfc3389: Comfort noise support
incomplete in Asterisk (RFC 3389). Please turn off on client if
possible. Client IP: x.x.x.x

I know Asterisk does not support comfort noise.  I have "no comfort
noise" on all dial peers in the CUCM express and also have "no vad" on
all the voip peers.  That should disable comfort noise but does not.
Could this be a bug in IOS or does anyone have any hints on what else
to look for?

Thanks.

JR
--