[asterisk-users] Faxing with Asterisk 1.8.4 & T.38

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Tue May 24 15:17:04 CDT 2011

On 05/24/2011 01:07 PM, ewr at erols.com wrote:
> I have tried faxing to the DID from 2 different fax machines connected to different POTS lines.  One fax machine is a Xerox Workcentre, and the other is a Brother Intellifax.  Can you provide some more information about your setup?  If you wouldn't mind sharing your sip.conf settings, and maybe any other FaxForAsterisk related dialplan settings I would be greatly appreciative.  I feel like we must have *something* really stupid set incorrectly.  The faxes usually attempt to send, and appear to be properly switching to T.38, but usually end up failing with a "receive partial".  We are currently using the Digium fax driver, but have also tried it with spandsp.

sip.conf peer:
[ipcomms]
type=peer
host=64.154.41.100
canreinvite=nonat
context=ipcomms
insecure=port
sendrpid=yes
trustrpid=yes
t38pt_udptl=yes
videosupport=no
contactdeny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=64.154.41.100/255.255.255.255
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

extensions.conf:
[ipcomms]
exten => <your_ipcomms_number_here>,1,Goto(receivefax,s,1)

[receivefax]
exten =>
s,1,Set(ARRAY(CALLERID(DNID),FAXOPT(headerinfo),FAXOPT(localstationid),to_email)=${EXTEN},Asterisk
FAX Gateway,+1 NXX NXX XXXX,amessina)
same => n,ReceiveFAX(/var/spool/asterisk/fax-gw/archive/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
same => n,Hangup()

exten => h,1,AGI(fax-gw/fax-gw.agi,${CONTEXT})
exten => h,n,Hangup()

And I use my own Asterisk FAX Gateway program:
http://messinet.com/trac/wiki/AsteriskFAXGateway

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E