[asterisk-users] MagicJack quality

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue May 24 10:57:30 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 24 May 2011, jon pounder wrote:
> On 05/24/2011 11:35 AM, A J Stiles wrote:
>

> Someone asked about the quality of it, he was quoting the hardware specs
> of a similar device.

No they didn't.  The "original message" to which the spammer was pretending to
reply  (and in the wrong place, even)  never existed in the first place.

> I doubt magicjack publishes that kind of detail about theirs.
>
> so where is the problem ? Its irrelevant he represents that device
> commercially.

The problem is that it is a blatant advertisement, not-very-cunningly
disguised as a legitimate response to a question.  This is known as tag-team
spamming  (or at least, it is when someone actually pretends to post a
question).

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.