[asterisk-users] Grandstream and setvar

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Tue May 24 03:19:15 CDT 2011

Hi all.

I'm trying to use the setvar field in my RT sip configuration to store some
information about a phone.  This works perfectly for my Polycom phones.  For
the most part, it works for the Grandstream as well.

However, when the GS tries to transfer a call, the variable isn't available.

For example, I've got a setvar that looks like:

setvar line_id=xxxxx

If I have an extension that looks like:

noop(${line_id}

This line shows that the line_id variable is populated.  Except in the case of
the Grandstream performing a transfer.  The variable is ALWAYS available on
the Polycoms.  The sip database records are virtually identical, btw.

Any ideas?

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.