[asterisk-users] AstManProxy

Earl Terwilliger earl at micpc.com
Fri May 20 10:34:23 CDT 2011

On Friday, May 20, 2011 10:46:05 AM Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 10:58 -0400, Leif Madsen wrote:
> > On 11-05-20 09:37 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> > > Do many people use this?
> > > Is it reliable and safe?
> >
> > It may still work, but that code is quite old, and I'm not even sure it's
> > necessary any more.
> >
> > Leif.
>
> The reasons I'm considering it are as follows:
> Building a web page which uses AJAX to get information from the AMI
> every 10-30 seconds or so and not wanting to log on and off via AMI that
> many times.
>
> We'll soon be using multiple asterisk servers so having a single point
> of access would be very useful.
>
> I'd love for you to elaborate on why it's not necessary any more, is
> there something simple I've overlooked?

You might find this of interest:  http://www.micpc.com/eventmonitor/

It has a python script which does basically the same thing as AstManProxy and
uses AJAX to get info from the database that it writes into.

It was written because, as you mention, you don't want to have to poll the AMI
every so often (see the README.TXT)

earl