[asterisk-users] AstManProxy

Jose P. Espinal jpe at slackware-es.com
Fri May 20 10:27:43 CDT 2011

> Building a web page which uses AJAX to get information from the AMI
> every 10-30 seconds or so and not wanting to log on and off via AMI that
> many times.

You could use HTTP AMI inteface. You would need to login only once,
start a session and send requests to Asterisk.

I've used this approach in PHP, becasue (as good as it is for the web)
it's not a very good option to work with generic sockets. I've been able
to send an considerable amount of requests per minutes (like 20 - 50) to
Asterisk, and worked Ok without problems.

In your case, one request per 10-30 seconds should be just fine.

Regards,

--
Jose P. Espinal
http://www.eslackware.com