[asterisk-users] how to set moh without setting queue music with SetMusicOnHold

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed May 18 10:15:42 CDT 2011

On 05/18/2011 11:12 AM, gincantalupo wrote:

> I tried but doesn't work because the queue doesn't give you control
> to change the moh. What I want is to change my moh depending on where
> the call is from. If it comes from Italy I have to play italian moh,
> if not, another moh. Normally I can change my moh but with queues,
> control is not in my hands. What I need is SetMusicOnHold to change
> moh only, not queues music which should be changeable with a sort of
> SetQueueMusic command or similar but this command does not exist.

Oh, I see.  You are right;  as far as I know, it is not possible to
dynamically alter queue MOH from the dial plan.

What is the feasibility of using multiple queues with the same members
in them for various language/MOH combinations?

If you need a unitary queue with this characteristic, your only choice
might be to reimplement the queue logic in AGI with custom audio feedback.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC