[asterisk-users] res_timing_timerfd.so Vs res_timing_dahdi.so

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Sun May 15 14:48:03 CDT 2011

On 11-05-13 11:39 AM, isrlgb at gmail.com wrote:
> I haven't tried with timerfd but with timer pthread 1.8 is very unstable
>
> I think I have seen a post to the list from kevin fleming that the same is for timerfd that there is a nasty bug which they haven't found the reason for yet

My experience is that you should pretty much always use res_timing_dahdi unless
you're on a platform on which you can't install DAHDI. You don't need any
hardware to use timing from DAHDI because timing is generated by the kernel.

My order of preference for stability is:

* res_timing_dahdi
* res_timing_timerfd
* res_timing pthread

The timerfd and pthread modules are relatively new, and sometimes people run
into stability problems while using them. If you can use res_timing_dahdi I
recommend you do so.

Leif.