[asterisk-users] iptables for Asterisk - Any good guides out there?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 18:51:26 CDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I want to issue the command:

iptables -F

and then rebuild everything from the beginning with a very limited scope and
then without locking myself block all other traffic. Can you suggest what I
should put in the shell that would get me this:

Allow traffic from subnet 172.16.0.0/24      (my VPN tunnels) - All traffic
including those of Asterisk and HTTP - I trust this network
Allow traffic from subnet 192.168.1.0/24    (other side of VPN network) -
All traffic including those of Asterisk and HTTP - I trust this network
Allow traffic from single IP of DID provider     - 5060 TCP/UDP and
10000-10200 UDP
Allow VPN access on port 1194 UDP   --- I have that figured out to be
(*iptables
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 1194 -j ACCEPT*) works for this.

*BLOCK all other traffic <----- Important most of all*

Please note that from the subnets I want to allow every single port possible
and all traffic. I specially have problems with getting a whole subnet be
able to access everything.

Thanks