[asterisk-users] concurrent call tracking

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Wed May 11 12:26:51 CDT 2011

You can use the manager api (interface) and "poll" that info and then
store it in a MYSQL table etc.
You can do this outside asterisk,even from a different machine using
your preferred  dev language as there are manager libraries/bindings for
most major dev languages

'Actual' is the key word though.
To get the actual concurrent channels you should poll the system, at
least every second, and that means 3600 records per hour or 86.400 per
day. That would end up taking a alot of time to average using mysql
queries.

Alternatively you could do N minutes averages and store them in the db
i.e read every second but save the average of 60 reads which is 1 minute
etc

Stelios